Web Developer (Generalist)
Location: The Woodlands, TX
We are searching for a web developer to be responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment of both internal and customer-facing websites.
- Work with product owners, engineering leadership, and other developers to define requirements and specifications for new website functionality and improvements to existing functionality.
- Implement clean, efficient, maintainable, and well-documented code for website backends and APIs.
- Coordinate with frontend developers to design and implement scalable and performant APIs.
- Design efficient and expandable SQL database schemas.
- Stay up to date on web development best practices and emerging technologies, and work with engineering leadership to define internal standards and practices.
- Proven working experience in web and database development
- In-depth knowledge of backend web development tools and languages (e.g. Git, Python, Linux shell)
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure design and implementation and containerized application development and deployment (e.g. Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Batch, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience designing and implementing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to validate website and API functionality
- Strong debugging and creative problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies individually and through collaboration and mentorship with other engineers
- Ability to coordinate with product owners and graphic designers to develop functional and attractive layouts and user interfaces
- BS in computer science or a related field
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com