Software Engineer (Generalist)
Location: The Woodlands, TX
We are looking for a generalist software engineer to work on a variety of projects and tasks, including website backends, data processing pipelines, and business process automation.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design, implement, and deploy software solutions based on specifications and requirements from product owners.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Develop software testing plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Integrate existing software components into fully-functional systems.
- Stay up to date on best practices for software development, process automation, and testing, and champion those best practices inside of the organization.
- Proven working experience as a software developer.
- Ability to develop software in Python and at least one systems programming language like C, C++, or Rust.
- Knowledge of software testing tools and practices.
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment processes.
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases.
- Proficiency with common software development systems and tools like AWS, Linux, Git, and Docker.
- Ability to work with a team to collaboratively develop large, complex systems through effective communication, documentation, and planning.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Some knowledge of genetics, genealogy, forensics, or law enforcement is a plus.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org