Location: The Woodlands, TX
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to collect, analyze, and visualize data ranging from business analytics and customer interactions to human genetics and genealogy.
- Identify new sources of valuable data and automate collection and analysis.
- Research and develop statistical models and tools for data analysis.
- Coordinate closely with product management and engineers to design, prove, and implement new algorithms, statistical models, and processes.
- Develop data visualization techniques to provide insights into data patterns, user behavior, etc.
- Understand business objectives, and propose novel solutions and strategies to effectively meet those requirements.
- Proven experience working as a data scientist or analyst.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Python programming and SQL databases. Experience with other statistics languages/tools like R or Matlab is a plus, as is knowledge of other programming languages like C/C++ or Rust.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Amazon QuickSight) and data storage and processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Redshift).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related field. Graduate degree in data science or another quantitative field preferred.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org